Hello ! I am a video game student @ILOI & I am very thankful, your speech is very motivating .
Except the dude clearly doesn't know much of anything about the 3D game pipeline. Yeah, if you're very skilled, a high poly sculpt could, certainly. But then there's retopology, UV mapping, texture baking, rigging, animating, other means of optimization once imported into the engine. Granted it wouldn't take anywhere near the production time of a AAA character (Which the High-poly sculpt took maybe 10-15 hours altogether, but the finished character took ~94 hours). And granted pokemon models aren't nearly as complex as that, but I think at least a 1-3 hours from start to finish to be a fair average expectancy of artists who know the work flow well enough. I just hate how people are so critical of artists when they clearly don't understand what goes into it.
Check out a quick way to adjust your scene lighting settings in Unity in a matter of seconds and save/load them into the profiles with maximum quality and performance. Lighting Box allows you to easily set up your lights saving you hours.
– Battlefield style lens flares + Making of video tutorials
– Automatic save/load settings
– Automatic update effects
– Faster editor window performance
– Removed unnecessary buttons from lighting box window
– Particle shader
– New models (+ videos)
– Improved Volumetric Light type section : Off, Only Directional, All Light Sources
– Added shortcut to open LightingBox window : Shift+E
– 12+ new videos
Lighting Box Features:
– Cry and Unreal engine style lighting setup
– All in one lighting solution
– AAA looking lighting setup
– Only used unity own standard shaders and effects for best compability with different platforms
– Future updates
– You don’t need lighting knowledge
– Some of the best Post Processing Stack profiles
– 3 free car models (buggy,truck,pickup)
LightingBox is not just a set of post effect profiles. Lighting Box is an solution to setup your scene lighting in a few seconds instead of few hours. Also you can save settings into profiles and share them between other scenes and projects.
You need to set up dozens of parameters for each scene. LightingBox automatically do this for you and then you can focus on customizing your profiles and settings instead of making them from the beginning for each scene.
Automatically assign / remove necessary components and optimize settings based on best quality per performance settings.