No one will discuss the new destruction system below.
Besides, if you'd be involved in project budgeting you would be aware that the costs are growing and using cheap alternatives is inevitable. This is the business. first of all.
If you hate people that can make your life easier and see the threat in everything related to AI then you can hardly call yourself an artist. Rather than a kid who likes to be in a comfort zone.
Object Placement Tool for Unity is a powerful editor that allows you to populate your scenes in a couple of clicks. The main feature here is said to be “Physics Placement Mode” that lets you use physics when placing your objects.
- Place objects on any surface by mouse click (or place only on selected object/layer);
- Physics Mode to drop objects onto each other and create big heaps of stuff;
- Randomize rotation and scale for created objects;
- Align to Surface feature to align created object’s up axis to the surface normal direction;
- Follow Path feature, place new object depending to previous object direction. Good for fence placing;
- Brush Mode to create objects by bunches;
- Group objects in the hierarchy or even combine meshes into a single mesh (works for meshes, that shares one material);
The pack doesn’t feature 3D content shown in the video. You can find more details on the tool here.