Lino Grandi shared a quick review of what’s new in OctaneRender for Blender V15.2.3.
Lino Grandi shared a quick review of what’s new in OctaneRender for Blender V15.2.3. The artist discussed the new features and improvements, showing how you can use them in your work.
A quick review of the new features available in OctaneRender for Blender V15.2.3, offering some great workflow improvements.
And here is the full list of changes from OTOY:
- Firstly, use “Right Mouse” to select target object
- Then, use “Shift + Left Mouse” to select target material
- Much more understandable and user-friendly
- Toon Light
- BRDF Model
- Metallic IOR Mode
- Noise Type
- Projection Mode
- Rotation Mode
- Interpolation Type
- Similar to Lightwave implementation, we leverage special string tag(“$F$”) to identify frame parts in vdb path
- Use “$F$” to label the frame parts in vdb file path – E.g. “fog_$F$.vdb” => “fog_0.vdb”, “fog_1.vdb” … “fog_10.vdb” … “fog_100.vdb”
- Use “$[1-9]F”to deal with the leading zeros in file path – E.g. “fog_$4F$.vdb” => “fog_0000.vdb”, “fog_0001.vdb” … “fog_0010.vdb” … “fog_0100.vdb”
- In default, the texture nodes are distributed in three categories: proceduals, tools, textures
- Use new layout in default
- Able to change new/old layout(“User Preference” – “Add-ons” – “OctaneRender Engine” – “Preferences” – “Texture Node Menu Layout”)
FIXES SINCE LAST RELEASE
- Fixed linux render hanging
- Fixed crash in scene without cameras
- Fixed render layer mode bug
- Fixed octane camera visibility
- Reverted cycle render layer hiding
- Fix environment texture uplate failure after rename
- Fix missing marker menu
- Fix infinite plane issue
- Fix warnings about write_customdata error
You can learn more here.