Those animations look amazing!! Great job!
Very cool review of the making of Spellbreak. Would be even more cool to see some videos inside UE4 showing how they do a few very specific things unique to them.
This was so helpful for me. I'm hoping to adapt your tutorial to pull off something similar comparing modern satellite imagery with historical maps. No topo, so my steps should be simpler, but I'm a novice with Blender and you've really helped. Thanks!
The Unity Asset Store is kicking things into high gear with the launch of the Unity Icon Collective: a new initiative that bundles together completely original, high-end AAA assets from top industry talent that any Unity creator can use in their project. The Unity Icon Collective was originally teased last month, but with the December 20 launch of Volume #1: Buried Memories – Yggdrasil the project really kicks off in full, with these assets becoming available to creators for the first time.
The assets included have been created by an artistic super team:
- This first volume is based on the work of Johnson Ting, who has created concept art and designed collectibles for titles including Gears of War 4 & 5, Halo 5, Resident Evil 7, and Horizon: Zero Dawn
- Character art created by Mufizal Mokhtar, Senior Art Director on Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
- Environment art by Callum Tweedie-Walker
- Animations from Cyrus Lam, Animation Director on Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
- Music by Nathan Cleary, indie games composer
- Sound design by Pinewood Studios’ Head of Creative Audio Glen Gathard
- Cinematic Art by Matteo Grossi, who has worked on Star Wars: Battlefront, Need for Speed, and Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
Basically, this is another incredible opportunity for the Unity creators to work with AAA assets that might normally be out of reach. You can learn more here.