>Evangelion on TV I see you're man of the culture, Thomas :)
give me some names. Who's doing great environment work with Unity these days? I'd be happy to interview anyone who's showing some cool stuff!
guys post some article with unity most of your post are based on UE4
UVPackmaster is an efficient UV packing tool for Blender. The core of its algorithm was written in C++ and runs as a separate multi-threaded application. Still, the solution is a typical Blender add-on from a user’s viewpoint as you install it using the standard procedure for Blender add-ons.
It is worth noting that the add-on was tested with Blender 2.8 and it is said to work quite well. “Keep in mind that unexpected issues may always happen when using this configuration. We recommend using the standard add-on version for Blender 2.79 in production as it is officially supported and thoroughly tested,” noted the developers.
The add-on is available in two versions: extended and professional.
- efficient packing algorithm: extended and professional
- multi-threading support: extended and professional
- measure area of selected islands: extended and professional
- check for overlapping islands: extended and professional
- rotate islands to achieve better packing: extended and professional
- heuristic search algorithm: extended and professional
- pack for a non-squared texture: extended and professional
- pack new islands into an existing packing:extended and professional
- process self-intersecting UV faces: extended and professional
- select UV islands of a similar shape:extended and professional
- lock overlapping islands: professional version only
- grouping by material: professional version only
- advanced heuristic algorithm: professional version only
- UV map validation: professional version only
The demo version is available for free. “It has all capabilities of the pro version, but the packing result is rendered in a separate window – it is not applied to the UV map. Note the demo version still provides ‘Area Measurement’ and ‘Overlap Check’ functionalities, so it still has a practical use.”
You can learn more here.