Thanks for sharing and detailed production breakdown
i thought there wouldnt be anything better than akeytsu for creating easy animations. im happy if i am proven wrong.
Keith, I just wanted to stop by and say: Thank you.
Have a look at a tutorial by Karen Stanley that discusses the basics of modeling and texturing a foliage asset in Maya, Zbrush, and Substance Designer before finally implementing it into Unreal Engine 4.
- Creating a base mesh from a reference
- Creating the Highpoly Mesh in Zbrush
- Baking in Substance Designer
- Texturing in Substance Designer
- Creating the final asset for the engine.
- Creating a material for foliage in Unreal Engine.
The pack on Gumroad features a PDF written tutorial. Please note that this is not a beginner tutorial, so you should be comfortable navigating around Substance Designer, Zbrush and Maya as well as using Ue4’s Material Editor.