Margarita Ykhnenko inspired us with her real-time 3D portrait.
We haven't shared any charming vampires in a long time, so here is one for you to enjoy. Character artist Margarita Ykhnenko reimagined Astarion from Baldur's Gate 3 using ZBrush, Maya, Substance 3D Painter, and Unreal Engine, and it looks cool and a little different.
The creator wanted to challenge herself to make a real-time 3D portrait of Astarion, and it's hard to imagine that this whole project started from a sphere.
Astarion is definitely one of the most loved companions among Baldur's Gate 3 fans, although he wasn't in the top 3 of the most popular romantic interests, according to Larian Studios. Well, at least you can share your final moments with him in the playable epilogue that was added in the latest patch.
If you like Ykhnenko's version of the vampire, check out her ArtStation for more.
These 80 Level Digests might be useful in case you want to learn how to make 3D projects of your own.
- Great YouTube Channels With ZBrush Tutorials
- Great Resources on Sculpting Hands in ZBrush
- Best YouTube Channels for Character Artists
- Great Resources for Sculpting Scales in ZBrush
- Introduction to 3D Sculpting Tools & Techniques
- Best Character Breakdowns of 2022
- Best YouTube Channels With Unreal Engine Tutorials
- 10 Excellent Tutorials on Lighting in Unreal
- Best YouTube Channels on VFX in Unreal Engine
- Getting Started with Game Development in Unreal Engine 5
- Developing VR Games in Unreal Engine 5
You may find these articles interesting