A hard-surface and material lead artist, Malte Resenberger-Loosmann, told us about the benefits in the updated team's workflows and discussed the mid poly creation.
This tasty-looking project was made by Johnny Malcolm.
Bungie's Ethan Scheu shared a behind-the-scenes look at Destiny 2: Beyond Light's ice shaders and props.
The artist explained how to set up wind effects and showed a method of generating procedural clusters for the textures.
CB3DART has talked about material creation with the photogrammetry and manual work approach, discussed its advantages, and shared some tips on capturing images.
Texture and Props Artist Micro shared the workflow behind the Nike and Adidas shoebox material and described the rendering process done with Substance 3D Stager and Marmoset Toolbag.
Sergii Zlobin shared the working process behind the Stone Wall project, explained why he chose the ZBrush with Substance 3D Designer workflow, and talked about the lighting setup for the render.
The tool also provides properties of light sources and cameras.
- 1Lucy from Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Recreated in Cyberpunk 2077
- 2Game Developers Show Early Builds of Games Responding to GTA 6 Leak
- 3Halo Infinite Didn't Meet Microsoft's Financial Expectations, Brad Sams Claims
- 4Terra Nil: An Upcoming Reverse City Builder
- 5A New AI-Powered Blender Add-On for Creating Seamless Textures
- 6The Workflow Behind Changing AI-Generated Outfits in Motion
Immersive Survival Shooter Into the Radius Is Now Available on QuestIt came out 2 weeks ago...·
Mutalk: a Bluetooth Microphone with a Mute Functionwtf·
Walcom Introduces New Cintiq Pro 27 Pen DisplayI would like one someday·
Bandai Namco Europe Launches Its Own Music LabelThey canceled my preorder after waiting 8 months to pay. This we...·
Join thousands of game designers and keep track of your subscriptions