I have being working in the AAA industry for tha last 3 years and the crunch is what is forcing me to find something else to do in life even if I love 3d. Some places may be more respectful with their employees but in my experience the crunch is even calculated in advance cause they know the workers will accept that. Some people is very passionate and don´t mind to do it and that is fine but a lot of people have families and they want to build a healthy environment with them or other goals outside the working ours. Not to mention non-payed overtime and other abuses I faced. Hope this industry fixs this problem.
Those tilesets are sexy. Seeing new tilesets is like getting introduced to a new lego set.
The team of the 3dRudder foot-motion controller has released a plugin for Autodesk Stingray. Developers can now the controller to their Stingray projects and let users move intuitively into VR worlds with their feet. The projects lets anyone explore a 3D environment naturally.
- Gaming: the 3dRudder lets you build new gameplays and offers a renewed experience to users
- Virtual Reality: for simulation or gaming, the 3dRudder enables the users to move intuitively and naturally with their feet while their hands focus on doing. It only takes a few seconds for anyone to learn how to use it, even for people who do not know how to use a gamepad
- CAD and other 3D applications: the 3dRudder lets users move in 3D digital models easily. They can focus their hands and mind on creating the best designs
- 3D environments: the 3dRudder can control machines and come handy in every situation where two hands are not enough
- Accessibility: for anyone with upper body disabilities, the 3dRudder is a great accessibility device. When making a game, a computer software accessible, the 3dRudder is a relevant addition
You can find more details on the project here.