Your place is valueble for me. Thanks!… https://hotmail0909.weebly.com/blog
You have done an outstanding job. Greetings to Toivo Glumov and Natalie Kayurova.
It'd be great to see some kind of tutorial with tips how you made it.
For $60 you can buy this robust grass and prefab painting and optimization system, which allows very detailed next gen grass to be placed in mass quantities on any surface.
Requires Unity 5.1.1 or higher, the grass is controlled for performance with auto grouping, batching and LOD systems that minimize CPU usage, reduce draw calls and enable dynamic options like stepping on grass or making it grow.
InfiniGRASS v1.4 features:
- Grab real time painted grass for editing & save with scene.
- Brush settings can be saved for each brush for later use, or in mass placement
- Player can be defined with tag & be updated in real time
- New interactive grass controls & options
- Extended LOD & Fade controls
- Multiple material control per brush
- New Grass rescale & randomization options
- New grass & fence types (branch, moss, leaf bed, realistic fence)
InfiniGRASS v1.3 features:
- Mass creation of grass, based on weighted terrain splat textures
- Gradual grass growth as the hero moves around the map
- Real time grass removal and regrowthbased on hero distance
- Ability to add icons for custom brushes in the inspector
- Global scale parameter, to easilly adjust brushes for the desired world scale
InfiniGRASS v1.2 features:
- Unity Editor grass painting speed enchancement. Previewing grass in the Unity Editor will now be as fast as the in game performance. Painting speed has also been enchanced and proper brush settings are set automatically.
- Object follow mode. Grass may follow the translation/rotation of the object it is painted on.
- Two extra LOD stages added, for better control of ultra detailed items
- Many extra brushes added.Rocks & mushrooms (setup with the new LOD system), ground leaves and wild grass.
- Grass scaling based on Unity Terrain splat maps (with weights for smooth transitions from tall to short grass)
- Tint and specularity/translucency effectsare now applied per grass type, for more control over each brush look
- Various enchancements and performance tweaks (added option to avoid hiting grass own collider while planting, added option to randomize brush rotation)
- Create grass of high detail with any shape and material on any surface, in both Unity editor and while playing the game.
- Unlimited amount of grass can be placed on a map, the LOD system will make sure draw calls remain low at all times.
- Smooth shader fade option in LOD and cutoff distances
- Total control over performance, with adjustable LOD, grouping and batching systems and compete freedom in grass definition and shading.
- Dynamic grass possibilities. Use any motion or script on grass, only limited by concurrence.
- Grow grass in play mode and paint it on any surface with a static collider.
- Interaction of grass with scene objects,e.g. throw items to level grass.
- Static and dynamic batching, for best performance in each use case.
- Spectacular shadows, lighting and grass density
- Dynamic snow growth on grass
- Complete integration with Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0, for best lighting, snow coverage control and water combination.
- Global Wind simulation with per grass type weighting for total control
- Translucent lighting emulation
- Powerful grass editor, with complete control over painted grass properties.
- Fence creation system, with automatic batching for maximized performance (working in both play mode and Unity editor)
- Rocks and other prefabs placement system
- Extensive collection of ready to use preset grass brushes.
- The system can also be used as a general 3D decal system, the grass is just one of the many possible applications.
- Rocks can be painted on top of each other to create various constructs.
- Special grass placement controls, for reducing unnecessary detail and adapting grass to the environment.
The framework is written in C# code and the source code is provided.
If you have any requests for new features or feedback please visit the Unity forum thread.