Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
Very impressive article Jake! You are very talented.
nice article! i love seeing the breakdowns.
Massive Entertainment is Looking For Expert Technical Artist
8 November, 2016
Members of Massive Entertainment are looking for an Expert Technical Artist to join their Tom Clancy’s The Division team. As a Technical Artist at Massive you will be pushing the visual quality and the tech behind it, while supporting the art team and its workflow and pipeline. You will frequently interact with other Technical artist, artist, level designers and programmers.
This is a permanent position and will require relocation to Malmö, Sweden.
- Day-to-day Art and Tech team support
- Help solve specific issues blocking production
- Assist other team members in achieving their tasks more efficiently
- Training of colleagues
- Documentation of systems and art pipeline
- Safeguard memory budgets for art assets
- Performance optimization of art assets
- Streaming set up and techniques for in engine assets
You as a person
At Massive, we’re a close and creative bunch who value good ideas and dedication to what we do. Be it programming, marketing, art, design or operational tasks. We trust in you to always wanting to reach the best quality within your area of expertise, and also believe that the best ideas can, and should, come from anywhere. Close bonds, openness and willingness to learn are central in our studio; you’ll be encouraged to dare to try new things and challenge the status quo, with all the support we can give you – that’s how we keep on breaking world records and delivering AAA-games.
Required skills and experience
- Exceptional knowledge of 3DSMAX, Maya, Modo, ZBrush and Photoshop (preferable Modo or Maya)
- Shipped at least 2 AAA title as a Senior/Expert Technical Artist
- Strong experience with art asset optimization techniques
- Experience with memory budgets and optimization
- Used to working independently within a group environment
- Ability to quickly learn new tools
- Good understanding of the artist pipeline and workflow
- Problem solving
- Solid game engine knowledge
- Experience Third Person open world game development
- Artist background
- Strong console experience (PS4/Xbox One)
- Experience from in engine streaming techniques
- Previous exposure to different areas of game content development – Environment Modeling, Animation, Visual Effects, Lighting, Cinematic, Characters, Scripting (Mel, python, max script), etc.
- You have spent a lot of time playing benchmark titles on both PC and Consoles.
Source: Massive Entertainment