Alt click on a node connection automatically disconnect it from the other nodes. And there is some nodes which can be easily summoned by pressing a key and clicking at the same time. Like B+click will place a branch, and S+click a sequence.
If you're willing to compile it, Aseprite is a great option as well.
check my website for the latest tips - always updating with new content!
Insydium has revealed a new version of X-Particles 4 — a particle system plugin for Cinema 4D. The update brings a new particle based dynamic liquid solver, a new hybrid SPH solver, and more.
- ExplosiaFX smoke and simulation software. This tool was acquired last year by Insydium is now integrated into the latest X Particles for creating smoke, fire and explosive simulations.
- A new particle based dynamic liquid solver to quickly create small scale fluid simulations.
- A new hybrid SPH solver xpFluidFX for medium to large scale fluid simulations.
- XpVertexMap Maker adds four modes to manipulate the vertex weight, including vertex speed, texture, X-Particles/object vertices and xpExplosiaFX.
- Support for the OpenVDB frame work for particle meshing, including the ability to be used as a remesher for polygon objects.
- A new xpCloth Dynamics system introducing cloth simulations to the X-Particles workflow.
- XpSplineFlow adds the ability to direct the flow of particles along a Spline.
- Cell packing and circle packing emitters.
- A new velocity field generator to create custom velocity field effects, drive particles with Splines, or Object Tangents or Normals, and even use the Cinema 4D noises to art direct custom turbulence.
The newest version of X-Particles will cost you £540. More details can be found here.