Those animations look amazing!! Great job!
Very cool review of the making of Spellbreak. Would be even more cool to see some videos inside UE4 showing how they do a few very specific things unique to them.
This was so helpful for me. I'm hoping to adapt your tutorial to pull off something similar comparing modern satellite imagery with historical maps. No topo, so my steps should be simpler, but I'm a novice with Blender and you've really helped. Thanks!
Cubebrush is celebrating its 2nd anniversary with the second ART WAR — an international art competition for 2D and 3D artists. Are you ready to compete for the title of “ART WAR Champion” and win some incredible prizes? Check out some details from the team below to get started.
The art community had been at peace since last year and the future looked bright heading towards the new year. Unfortunately… good things never last…
On the verge of the year 2018 the forces of LIGHT and DARKNESS have started to clash in an all out ART WAR! Will light shine on victoriously or will darkness engulf everything?
- Pick either Light OR Darkness as your topic and design a 2D or 3D character to represent it
- Your champion can have weapons & tools and can be human-monster-creature-ethereal-elemental-undead – almost anything goes
- This is WAR – Your champion should be depicted accordingly!
To enter ART WAR 2:
- Create a free Cubebrush account (if you don’t have one already)
- Create a new topic in the 2D or 3D category using this EXACT format:
ARTWAR 2 | 2D or 3D | Entry Name | Username (example: ARTWAR 2 | 3D | Bat Lizard | marc)
- When you are done and ready to submit your final images, simply edit the name of your topic to indicate your entry is complete. Again, using this EXACT format:
FINAL | ARTWAR 2 | 2D or 3D | Entry Name | Username
- Post your progress over time in your own topic, entries uploaded last minute will not be considered, this is a community-building event!
- No art recycling, your entry has to be new and made specifically for this contest
- You can only submit one entry per category (2D/3D)
- No teams allowed
- Keep gore and nudity to a SFW (safe for work) level. If you think you’d get in trouble if your boss looked over your shoulder and saw it, then it’s probably too much.
- Use #ARTWAR2 when posting about the contest on social media if you want the chance to get a repost/share from us!
- Make sure you submit EVERYTHING required for your category if you don’t want to be disqualified (see submission requirements below)
You can find more details and join the contest here.