Reportedly, the company wants one AAA game and one smaller game every single year.
A new rumor recently surfaced on the internet that suggests that, for better or worse, we are going to see a lot more Star Wars games in the years to come. Since EA lost its exclusivity access to the franchise far, far away, the owner of the Star Wars universe, Disney, allegedly contacted multiple developers and asked them to produce one SW-related game every six months.
According to a report published by Insider Gaming, the entertainment giant wants two new Star Wars video games every single year, one small and one AAA. While the task seems to be monumental, it seems that Lucasfilms deems it doable thanks to the fact that multiple studios work on SW titles at the same time. The report states that at the moment, there are eight different games currently in development at various studios, suggesting that there are several more unannounced projects currently in pre-development.
And here's the list of announced Star Wars titles shared by Insider Gaming:
- Amy Hennig’s Game – Skydance Media
- Untitled FPS – Respawn Entertainment
- Open World Game – Ubisoft Massive
- Star Wars: Eclipse – Quantic Dream
- Knights of the Old Republic Remake – Saber Interactive
- Jedi: Survivor (Fallen Order sequel) – Respawn Entertainment
- Star Wars: Hunters – Zynga
- Untitled Strategy Game – Respawn Entertainment