This is a good blog,it teach me manu things.Thank for your share! visit us http://al3ab-banat01.blogspot.com
Hi Elliott, This is a great breakdown and very generous in sharing your process and insights, you came a long way from the vending machine days!
Are you planning on releasing the UE4 project to the public? Or only builds? I'd love to play around with it in the editor if possible!
Square Enix Montreal is seeking an exceptional environment artist with a passion to create new, thoughtful, detailed, quality art and an ambition for pushing the boundaries of the game industry.
- Develop, in close collaboration with a Level Designer, the design of game levels
- Model and texture objects and environments
- Work on alongside the Lead Artist to ensure the shapes and colors of the environment support the art direction
- Work closely with Technical Artists in order to optimize objects and environments to respect constraints
- Add lighting and VFX to the environments you create
- Work effectively with the programming and design teams by representing visual considerations throughout production
- 3 years of experience in modeling environments
- College, university, or self-taught education in 2D and 3D art
- In-depth knowledge of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of French is a bonus, or willingness to receive free lessons
- Knowledge of 3D art software in modeling and texturing
- Knowledge of lighting 3D environments and creating VFX
- Strong fundamental knowledge of art, visual communication and design principles
- Ability to adapt own art to fit with the team’s art direction
- Techniques in 3D material and shader creation is a plus