Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
you can maybe share them on hackr and the community will filter out the best ones out of them. https://hackr.io/tutorials/learn-modo
Game Jobs: Outsourcing Producer at Guerrilla
21 April, 2017
Guerrilla needs an Outsourcing Producer to take control of the planning and organization of the external art development. Guerrilla leverages outsourcing to the max, and all internal art teams support and/or utilize external production to some extent. Art directors, who provide feedback to vendors directly on a daily basis, need support with the long-term planning, securing of external resources, and management of the vendors themselves in order to succeed.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Maintain and cultivate long-term positive vendor relationship;
- Negotiate favorable contracts; to secure good terms, rates, and talents;
- Plan and book external capacity to guarantee the best external resources are always available whenever needed;
- Anticipate resource needs, both short-term and long-term, from sometimes uncertain and fluent design decisions.;
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and help shepherd the internal processes forward to keep production running smoothly without interruptions;
- Support the internal assistant art directors, who are responsible for the day-to-day interactions with vendors, if issues need to be escalated for quick resolution;
- Facilitate communication between all art teams to realize overall goals and make sure deadlines are met and issues surfaced swiftly;
- Track status of art assets, including making sure supporting materials required for production is properly prepared, communicated, understood, and followed externally;
- Assist external project managers in the creation and execution of art schedules and resource plans;
- Gather accurate data and prepare financial reports, such as monthly, quarterly, and annual spending, both actual and forecasted, for the executive producer and studio management team;
- Look to expand the studio’s outsourcing efforts where further efficiencies, savings, and/or quality improvements can be made.
WHO YOU ARE
- At least 5 years prior game industry experience including direct experience with outsourcing and vendor management;
- Able to solve complex production problems efficiently with a track-record of doing so already.
- Knowledgeable of art content production pipelines; from ideas, briefs, workflows, and team dependencies etc.;
- Ambitious and relentlessly focused on high-quality, high-fidelity results;
- Comfortable in an ambiguous and dynamic work environment, embracing changes and accepting revisions if needed to improve the game;
- Master of both agile and waterfall production methods, able to discern which approach to take based on the situation;
- Proficient in Excel, Hansoft, JIRA.
- A background in technical art direction or art production is preferred; however, please note that this is NOT a hands-on art director position as those tasks are already covered by other roles.