Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
Milwaukee US 17, Jun — 22, Jun
New York US 17, Jun — 20, Jun
St. Petersburg RU 19, Jun — 21, Jun
TBA BR 22, Jun — 24, Jun
Amsterdam NL 25, Jun — 28, Jun
This is a fan project, like the Lord Inquisitor was. GW has absolutely nothing to do with it!
Very Very Cool Indeed Indeed
Game Jobs: Tools Programmer at Guerilla
9 May, 2017
The creators of Horizon Zero Dawn are looking for an experienced tools programmer to join the team in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will establish a vision for game content-authoring tools within a large, dynamic games studio, and lead a team of experienced tools programmers to achieve that vision
- You will streamline the entire game-creation process, seeking input from all disciplines while maintaining a strategic overview
- You will drive the development of new tools and improve existing ones, keeping a strong focus on the underlying workflow process and a consistent user experience
- You will work with designers, artists and programmers to analyze workflows, identify areas for improvement and implement solutions to increase productivity and creative freedom
WHO YOU ARE
- You have at least 5 years of DCC/GUI tools development experience in the games industry or a related industry
- You have experience leading a team of developers in a lead or senior role, have excellent leadership skills, and are interested in extending your leadership
- You are an experienced C++ programmer with excellent software design and architecture skills
- You are comfortable working within a very large existing codebase and toolset
- You enjoy working in an innovative, highly dynamic game development environment
- You have knowledge of 3D and graphics-related algorithms
- You have a creative and technical vision for tools development, and a passion for quality tools
- You have experience with GUI related technologies, especially Qt
DO’S and DON’TS
Do: Upload a code sample in the form of a .zip archive containing:
- A number of at least 10 files that demonstrate your coding abilities;
- A readme document explaining what is in the file and what these files are expected to portray;
- A project that you are proud to share and are able to demonstrate verbally;
- An example that shows an adequate amount of:
– Coding style and standards.
- Share complete projects that takes us alot of time to browse through to find the ‘example’ code;
- Share links to online services such as github, bitbucket, dropbox, google drive, etc.
Source: Guerrilla Games