I have being working in the AAA industry for tha last 3 years and the crunch is what is forcing me to find something else to do in life even if I love 3d. Some places may be more respectful with their employees but in my experience the crunch is even calculated in advance cause they know the workers will accept that. Some people is very passionate and don´t mind to do it and that is fine but a lot of people have families and they want to build a healthy environment with them or other goals outside the working ours. Not to mention non-payed overtime and other abuses I faced. Hope this industry fixs this problem.
Those tilesets are sexy. Seeing new tilesets is like getting introduced to a new lego set.
The creators of Horizon Zero Dawn are looking for an experienced tools programmer to join the team in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will establish a vision for game content-authoring tools within a large, dynamic games studio, and lead a team of experienced tools programmers to achieve that vision
- You will streamline the entire game-creation process, seeking input from all disciplines while maintaining a strategic overview
- You will drive the development of new tools and improve existing ones, keeping a strong focus on the underlying workflow process and a consistent user experience
- You will work with designers, artists and programmers to analyze workflows, identify areas for improvement and implement solutions to increase productivity and creative freedom
WHO YOU ARE
- You have at least 5 years of DCC/GUI tools development experience in the games industry or a related industry
- You have experience leading a team of developers in a lead or senior role, have excellent leadership skills, and are interested in extending your leadership
- You are an experienced C++ programmer with excellent software design and architecture skills
- You are comfortable working within a very large existing codebase and toolset
- You enjoy working in an innovative, highly dynamic game development environment
- You have knowledge of 3D and graphics-related algorithms
- You have a creative and technical vision for tools development, and a passion for quality tools
- You have experience with GUI related technologies, especially Qt
DO’S and DON’TS
Do: Upload a code sample in the form of a .zip archive containing:
- A number of at least 10 files that demonstrate your coding abilities;
- A readme document explaining what is in the file and what these files are expected to portray;
- A project that you are proud to share and are able to demonstrate verbally;
- An example that shows an adequate amount of:
– Coding style and standards.
- Share complete projects that takes us alot of time to browse through to find the ‘example’ code;
- Share links to online services such as github, bitbucket, dropbox, google drive, etc.