I love World Creator, especially the vegetation distribution pipeline. You can create some very realistic fields with it. Im going to check out impostors too - ive seen it a few times and wondered what it's about.
Stupid Rental. My Zbrush that I haven't paid for an update in years and is perpetual Trumps that on all counts.
Naughty Dog is looking for an experienced Visual Effects Artist to join of the most talented teams in the industry. The candidate is expected to work with minimal input and feel comfortable working in a team environment. An ideal candidate is described as someone with an extensive professional background in VFX and a passion for video games.
- Visualize, create and implement real-time visual effects
- Create effects that work optimally on the target platform
- Be proactive and self-motivated, seeking out tasks remaining to be done
- Collaborate with other effects artists, and the rest of the development team to make the best game possible
- Help influence further development of internal technologies and artistic capabilities
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Requirements & Skills:
- Strong technical knowledge and artistic abilities working with sprite type particles and materials within a game engine
- Strong sense of form, color, and composition
- Advanced problem solving techniques and patience to resolve the numerous hurdles that present themselves while working to achieve the highest quality effects
- Thorough knowledge of Maya dynamics, particles and expressions, as well as how to optimize for video game hardware
- Natural tendency to take on a problem and to work with others until the problem is resolved
- Python scripting *Preferred*
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.