Pilgway has revealed a new version of a sculpting tool called 3DCoat.
Pilgway has revealed a new version of a sculpting tool called 3DCoat. Version 4.8.14 brings Instant Meshes Auto-Retopo integration, but you should be careful as “it is about robustness and stability, but not about too great quality”.
Most important changes:
- Instant meshes auto-retopo integration. Press RMB over an object, AUTOPO->….. It supports symmetry. Don’t expect too much. It is about robustness and stability, but not of too great quality.
- VoxTree multiselection. You may select several volumes as in Explorer – use CTRL, SHIFT, CTRL+SHIFT and click. Operate over selected using RMB or Geometry menu.
- Possibility to highlight objects after selection. Use Geometry->Highlight menu to customize highlighting.
- Calculator in each input field. You may enter expressions instead of number anywhere, where you need numerical input. For example, enter 1+2 or sin(1.5) or any arithmetic operation including trigonometry.
- Correct pivot point management. Avoiding situation when it is randomly set somewhere outside the real scene. Left/Front/… views corrected to avoid – situations when you see nothing in scene after switching. Preventing pivot to appear far from scene boundbox.
- CTRL+UnifyUV to unify UV sets with same names.
- Updated transform gizmo – non-uniform scaling in plane introduced.
- Correct FBX export/import. Nodes hierarchy transforms, pivots will be preserved.
- Faster Bas-relief & undercuts.
You can find more details on the newest version here.