Great stuff. And many thanks for those tuts by Jason! They helped me a lot.
Those animations look amazing!! Great job!
Very cool review of the making of Spellbreak. Would be even more cool to see some videos inside UE4 showing how they do a few very specific things unique to them.
This new intense VFX Bootcamp by Allan McKay is described as a carefully curated ‘compression course’ which will give you all the necessary skills, knowledge and capabilities, and get you working in Visual Effects right away.
What You’ll Learn
- In-depth training around every type of pyro effect, from small scale flames, to large scale fireballs, explosions, secondary effects and more
- Learn Sci-Fi based visceral effects that have their own unique look and feel – something commonly required to do, and having a necessary understanding of how to manipulate and control these effects not based in reality
- Learn destruction effects – how to vaporize or ‘ash’ surfaces, or splinter wood, deform and bend metal based on collision and velocity. Have a full understanding of destruction dynamics and advanced fracturing techniques
- Understand timing and scale and how to make effects realistic
- Learn to simulate liquid and other effects
- Understand character effects and working with live action human sequences, augmenting additional effects elements based on their performance
- Photorealistic lighting and advanced shader techniques, ranging from skin decay, blood and gore through to matching live action footage, adding reflections and the integration process into our live action footage
- Secondary FX – Learn to create ash, sparks, debris and more as all of the additional smaller elements build up much bigger effects overall.
- Learn to composite live action visual effects shots
- Scripting, tool development and FX automation
- Learn to take shots from start to finish
Yes, the list is quite impressive, so the course should be really intense. You can learn more and join the party here.