Today we've gathered job offers from Lost Boys Interactive, MSG Sphere Studios, The Gang AB, Streamline Studios, Superbloom, Metaverse Game Studios, and Starbreeze. Learn more about the career opportunities below and connect with the teams at the 80 Level Job Board.
1. Lost Boys Interactive
Lost Boys Interactive is a member of the Gearbox Software and Embracer Group family. The team is a rapidly growing AAA game studio based in Madison Wisconsin, with full remote work available from any state in the US. They provide top-tier development for the partners as well as working on their own AAA game projects.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Works closely with the Art Director to keep quality and style consistent across all projects.
- Create environments under art director's supervision.
- Collaborate with team members of other disciplines to meet milestone goals.
- Work closely with production to define deliverables and communicate expectations to the team
- Assists in R&D efforts.
- Understanding of memory and performance limitations
- Troubleshoots technical and artistic issues.
- You’ll work with an amazing team on top-tier AAA games
2. MSG Sphere Studios
The MSG Sphere is like nothing else on earth. Here, 15,000 people at a time can gather for multi-sensory interactive experiences that are equal parts video game, amusement park ride, ephemeral community, and spectacle. The feel – it’s unforgettable, like sitting inside an eyeball the size of three football fields with sight, sound, scent, wind, heat, and rumble coordinating under computer control to forge an extended reality. You create that reality at MSG Entertainment in Burbank, California.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Brainstorm, R&D, and help implement pipeline workflow
- You will work with others to establish best practices and documentation around level look, layout, and lighting
- Work with our art director, and character artists to create engaging characters and creatures in multiple styles
- Create a diverse range of characters on specific elements such as outfits, hairstyles, and facial stylization
- Design creatures, props, and visual effects concepts
- Design original concepts that fit within the project style guide
- Translate high-level ideas into production-ready art packets
- Enhance existing concepts with detail views, paintovers, turnarounds, and material references
- Maintain art, while providing a variety of ideas
- Provide in-depth research, reference material, and develop conceptual ideas
- Create lighting schemes and color palettes that capture the tone of the world
- Develop stylistic consistency for all experiences
3. The Gang AB
The Gang is a game development studio from Sweden focusing on developing high quality games for the Metaverse. The studio was founded in 2019 by a team with background in AAA-gaming. Since then they have grown to become a team consisting of more than 80 people.
- 5+ years of games industry experience
- 2 shipped games or large updates
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Great knowledge of Agile workflows such as Scrum or Kanban
- Exceptional communication skills
- Based in Portugal or Sweden
4. Streamline Studios
Streamline Studios is one of the most reliable video game development studios. The team provides creative & technical solutions through video game technology since 2001 sharing proven R&D, creative expertise, and game development knowledge. Streamline has a cultural and technical understanding of the games, media, entertainment, and technology industries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing clear, functional, documented and maintainable code according to the game design documentation, adhering to programming standards set
- Under limited supervision of the Lead Game Programmer and Senior Programmer, the programmer is responsible for implementing directed tasks to the coding standards and quality level of Streamline Games, ensuring the code is free of defects and effective.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager and the rest of the team on design concepts and current tasks.
- Quickly produce high-quality source code and documentation.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Superbloom is a venture-backed new mobile game studio founded by two female gaming veterans who have held leadership roles at EA, Glu, New York Times, and Dots. At Superbloom, the team believes women deserve more diverse & elevated games they are proud to play. The studio is passionate about creating games with real-life interests that connect players.
- Serving as the bridge between Art, Game Design and Engineering teams, architecting and building the art pipeline solutions
- Optimizing inefficient workflows and processes for Art and Engineering teams by creating automation tools with Unity Editor Scripting and Python
- Building an assets delivery pipeline using Unity Addressable Assets System
- Working on optimizing the assets for smooth delivery and performance on mobile devices
- Creating and maintaining documentation standards and practices for tools, pipelines, and technical specifications
6. Metaverse Game Studios
Metaverse is a young and independent game development company led by industry veterans who worked for core games such as Far Cry, Destiny, Halo series, Warface, League of Legends, Diablo Immortal, Mount&Blade series, Metro Exodus, and more. They are developing Angelic, which has an equal emphasis on storytelling and party-based RPG elements, all backed by a dark and compelling science-fiction setting in which you are often mesmerized by the complexity of the events happening around you.
- Collaborate with the Director, cinematic and animation departments to discuss storytelling direction, design requirements, and encouraged a level of polish for our in-game and marketing cinematics
- Pitch thumbnails or rough storyboards through the creation process
- Provide cleaned-up storyboards with the best cinematic storytelling and entertainment value
- Provide status updates, troubleshoot, and review potential changes on a regular basis with production staff
- Attend and contribute to meetings and pitches as needed
- 2+ years of experience as a storyboard artist
- A portfolio which demonstrates excellent storyboard drawing and cinematography skills
- Strong drawing skills with a demonstrated sense of storytelling, staging, composition, and character acting and body/face emotions
Starbreeze is an independent developer & creator of PC and console games targeting the global market, with studios in Stockholm, Barcelona and Paris. Housing the smash hit IP PAYDAY, Starbreeze develops games based on proprietary and third-party rights, both in-house and in partnership with external game developers.
- Experience working in real-time lighting workflows using a combination of baked and real-time lighting models
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Ability to mentor other artists and provide meaningful feedback
- Relevant portfolio demonstrating lighting created by you in a PBR pipeline, clearly showing the shipped game examples of your work
- Sense of ownership
- Excellent knowledge of lighting and atmospherics
- Ability to find solutions to lighting problems at more complex levels
- Great understanding of performance and cost of lighting
- Ability to understand technical constraints
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage their own time within deadlines
- Support the high-quality AAA lighting, art direction, and gameplay objectives