this is an Excellent article, the way its set out with the vids and pics. very technical but not rambley. I learnt alot out of it.
Bob would have been proud
Congratulations Lukas:) Amazing piece of 3D parametric shader:) thank You for sharing Your knowledge:)
Have a look at this cool little tool called PixaTool which can help you generate 8bit / Pixel style images or videos. Also, you can use it to optimize your PixelArt or game assets by adding some nice-looking effects. Basically, the tool acts as a PixelArt converter or PixelArt conversion tool.
Conversion example with PixaTool:
3D project with converted textures
Here are some details on the latest version:
- Can manage any image size even 4k or larger.
- New UI, more clear, readable and organized.
- APP runs in any resolution even 4k monitors.
- Create/Load/Save/Edit palettes until 192 colors (.pal)
- Set palettes: NES, Gameboy, CPC, C64, Pico8, DB16 …
- Pixelate image until 12x (Separated Width/Height)
- Basic FX: Contrast, Brightness, Sharpen, Blur, Gamma…
- Special FX tab with new cool effects.
- Add/Remove RGB values from the overall image.
- Batch processing for images
- Save/Load Presets
Want to learn more? Follow this link.