Check out 4 courses with techniques for illustrators and concept artists from YIHUU. Use the code YH80 to get $10 off.
Golden Knight: 3D Hand-Painted Character For Games
Grab a course to learn workflows for creating hand-painted stylized game characters with senior character modeler Yang Sang Yun.
The course has 30 hours of high-quality video content and a project file. Besides learning hand-painting approaches for a 3D game character, you will learn the basics of lighting and coloring, how to work with materials, do rigging and posing.
For the course, you will need Bodypainter3D r15 / 3ds Max 2019, and Photoshop CC any version.
Ultimate Illustration Course: Coloring and Lighting
Check out a cool course for concept artists from Changming Wang with over 15 years of experience as a concept artist in the industry.
In this course, you will learn the basics of how to draw a poster-like illustration from sketch to final details.
Some takeaways from the course:
- managing line sketch and refining it in Photoshop
- efficient techniques for layering and coloring
- presentation of lights, shadows, and colors in the illustration
- props detailing & atmosphere building
Level Up Your Digital Painting Skills: Beginner to Advanced
A perfect course on digital painting for beginners with a walkthrough from Fishman, senior concept designer who worked on comics and games projects.
The course details:
- painting habits: customizing the toolbar and setup of personal picture library
- painting skills: 7 main skills of matte painting/brushes usage
- project-based exercises: armored swordsman, mage, archer
- comic-coloring method: tips for underpainting, skills for light and shadow painting and color setting
For the course, you will need Photoshop CC.
Painting a Digital Graphic Novel Panel in Photoshop
Create a panel of the digital graphic novel “The Wormworld Saga” with Daniel Lieske who has been working in the industry for over 20 years.
The step you will focus on during the course:
- Preliminary drawing & color flatting
- Background and character illustration
For this course, you will need the basic knowledge of Photoshop since not all steps are explained in detail.