That is really a great thing for us all. http://fewhacks.com/
I just based my landscape material on this. I just wish I could exactly figure out what is going on with normals, ao and displacement here.
That was extremely helpful! Thank you!
Take a look at a custom FPS template for UE4 based on Blueprints. The pack provides a starting template with tons of standard features already built-in (ADS, sprint, weapon examples, basic inventory, etc.). Everything is said to be commented and split into categories.
- Camera switching for FPS and TPS perspectives
- AnimBP’s set up for both perspectives
- Camera shake and gamepad vibration feedback
- Aiming down sights, sprinting, double jump (optional) and other common features
- Movement tweaks and overrides (cancel sprinting when firing, walk slower while aiming, etc.)
- Basic weapon inventory (weapons are child actors from 1 master class)
- Templates for different types of weapons: rifle, launcher, shotgun and sniper (with UMG scope)
- Bullet impacts and effects (bullets are projectile based, however a hitscan option is available too)
- Health regeneration (can be disabled by disconnecting only 1 node)
- Health and ammo pickups
- Basic AI (patrol)
- Settings UMG for camera FOV and gamepad vibration
- Bonus Blueprints for easier and faster level prototyping (ladder, elevator, etc.)
- Does NOT use a custom GameInstance, this makes it easier for you to implement other packs, such as Game Settings and stuff like that.
- Event Ticks: 0
Number of Blueprints: 20
Input: Keyboard, Mouse, Gamepad
Network Replicated: No
VR support: No