Hi Elliott, This is a great breakdown and very generous in sharing your process and insights, you came a long way from the vending machine days!
Are you planning on releasing the UE4 project to the public? Or only builds? I'd love to play around with it in the editor if possible!
Roel Bartstra has revealed his free editor mode plugin for Unreal Engine 4 called Designer. The tool is capable of many great things, so you have to check it out.
Here’s how it works:
You can find the manual here.
- Added spawn tool activated using the ctrl key.
- Added align actor with surface normal setting.
- Added actor relative location offset setting.
- Added actor world location offset setting.
- Added snap to rotation grid settings.
- Added spawn visualizer grid.
- Added spawn helper gizmos.