Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
Game Jobs: Technical Artist for Rockstar Toronto
28 March, 2017
Rockstar Toronto (Grand Theft Auto V, Max Payne 3) is looking for a Technical Artist specializing in Motionbuilder/Maya animation. The lucky tech expert will be working on a new console game (it’s not specified, which one). If you have 3 years using Motionbuilder/Maya in the video games or film and you know Python and/or C#, you have a high chance of success at the interview.
- Interact closely with animators and technical artists to maintain and improve our proprietary animation tools.
- Collaborate effectively with other team disciplines, predominantly animation and animation code.
- Bring innovation and resolution to technical problems and challenges throughout production.
- Demonstrate creativity and technical ability within the constraints of console development.
- Assist character artists with skinning and rigging of characters, including setups for facial animation.
- Experience using Motionbuilder and/or Maya as a technical artist/TD.
- Relevant experience using 3d Studio Max in a technical art role is desirable.
- Design and implement efficient character/weapon/vehicle rigs.
- Character skinning and physics simulation setup.
- Python programming is a prerequisite for the role.
- Experience in other scripting and programming languages (Maxscript, C# / C++, etc.) is a big plus.
- Games industry experience is preferred, having shipped title(s) on PS3, 360, PC.
- Knowledge of facial rigging is a definite plus.
- 3+ years of applicable professional experience as a technical artist/TD/tools programmer.
- Relevant games development experience, preferably on a AAA game.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Mentoring other technical artists to help improve their Motionbuilder skills.