Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
Moscow RU 16, Oct — 18, Oct
Helsinki FI 17, Oct — 25, Oct
Minsk BY 17, Oct — 19, Oct
London GB 22, Oct — 23, Oct
Singapore SG 23, Oct — 25, Oct
uh.. you happy with the crunch number ?
Why not just license it? Let it live and make done money at the same time.
Maybe hire more people instead of making employees work 100 hr weeks? Thats insane.
Game Jobs: Technical Artist for Rockstar Toronto
28 March, 2017
Rockstar Toronto (Grand Theft Auto V, Max Payne 3) is looking for a Technical Artist specializing in Motionbuilder/Maya animation. The lucky tech expert will be working on a new console game (it’s not specified, which one). If you have 3 years using Motionbuilder/Maya in the video games or film and you know Python and/or C#, you have a high chance of success at the interview.
- Interact closely with animators and technical artists to maintain and improve our proprietary animation tools.
- Collaborate effectively with other team disciplines, predominantly animation and animation code.
- Bring innovation and resolution to technical problems and challenges throughout production.
- Demonstrate creativity and technical ability within the constraints of console development.
- Assist character artists with skinning and rigging of characters, including setups for facial animation.
- Experience using Motionbuilder and/or Maya as a technical artist/TD.
- Relevant experience using 3d Studio Max in a technical art role is desirable.
- Design and implement efficient character/weapon/vehicle rigs.
- Character skinning and physics simulation setup.
- Python programming is a prerequisite for the role.
- Experience in other scripting and programming languages (Maxscript, C# / C++, etc.) is a big plus.
- Games industry experience is preferred, having shipped title(s) on PS3, 360, PC.
- Knowledge of facial rigging is a definite plus.
- 3+ years of applicable professional experience as a technical artist/TD/tools programmer.
- Relevant games development experience, preferably on a AAA game.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Mentoring other technical artists to help improve their Motionbuilder skills.