At a keynote event in London a couple of days ago, Isotropix revealed Clarisse Builder, a new tool for high-end animation and VFX Studios.
At a keynote event in London a couple of days ago, Isotropix revealed Clarisse Builder, a new tool for high-end animation and VFX Studios. Clarisse Builder mixes the scene assembly, lookdev, lighting, rendering, editing and pre-comp tools from Clarisse IFX with a node-based procedural rendering workflow that “allows artists to both macro and micro-manage highly complex constructs containing bazillions of polygons. They can do this at the item level or scale outwards to make sweeping changes at the shot or layer level, all in one viewport that interactively visualizes pre-comped final renders.”
ALL THE POWER OF CLARISSE iFX, SUPERCHARGED
Access a superset of Clarisse iFX designed for major studios with complex rendering needs. Clarisse BUiLDER reinforces Clarisse iFX’s solutions with an accessible, node-based scene construction approach. The result is the industry’s deepest lighting, look-dev and rendering tool, marrying technical range with maximum visibility over final render pre-comps.
- Access all of Clarisse iFX’s scene authoring tools within BUiLDER’s assembly construction node graph
- Interactivity and visibility meets flexibility and scalability
- Easy pipeline integration and deep customization
MANAGE THE MACRO AND MICRO OF YOUR SCENE…SIMULTANEOUSLY
Take control over any scene via a procedural, non-destructive node-based workflow based on four years of R&D. Using logical or kinematic hierarchies users can macro manage overall asset flow at sequence level or scale down to make micro edits at the per-node level – all within one interface. It’s the ultimate package for dealing with scene complexity at scale.
- Make detailed or sweeping changes to scene assembly, look-dev, lighting and more
- Total control: prune, isolate and merge assets non-destructively
- Visualize fully interactive pre-comps
LIGHT AND LOOKDEV IN FINAL SHOT CONTEXT
Explore lookdev and lighting within a unified application and in final shot context. Artists can easily change textures in an environment, break down specific elements of a character, or swap out lighting at a sequence or layer level – all with results quickly rendered as a final, interactive pre-comp.
- Experiment with interactive visual changes: no more need for test renders
- Remove the guesswork: see the impact of your changes in shot context
- Reduce iteration costs – your creative decision making is there to see
Clarisse BUiLDER features a modern and powerful evaluation engine. Only necessary scene elements are processed on the fly and complex project files load super quickly, meaning your waiting time is reduced to the bare minimum and you can make changes straight away. Renders are triggered immediately and time to first pixels is surprisingly small, meaning artists can work and iterate faster than ever.
- Work with visibility: changes in the assembly are displayed interactively
- Reduce artist downtime: work at speed with deferred scene construction
- Stop wasting your time on optimizing: only needed assets are loaded and processed
FLEXIBLE CONTENT CREATION:
Clarisse BUiLDER’s node graph and non-destructive interface empowers users with the most flexible look development and lighting pipeline available today. When directors change their mind about a shot, there’s no costly iteration process or lengthy backtracking through the pipeline. Small or sweeping changes can be achieved non-destructively within one interface.
- Access entire scenes from one easy-to-read template
- Work in parallel on extremely complex scenes
- Reduce cost and complexity of the iteration process
POWERFUL TOOLS TO EDIT
AND DEBUG SUPER QUICKLY
With BUiLDER, users can view construction graphs and define render settings before any pixels hit the screen. Furthermore, they can create their templates and debug issues, without even having to kick-off a render. This means faster workflows, a more efficient team, and fewer missed deadlines.
- A dedicated tool to set up and debug scenes with ease
- Get involved fast: you don’t need to wait for a scene to load to start working on it
- Blend user-friendliness with technical depth
You can get more details on the new platform here.