I love World Creator, especially the vegetation distribution pipeline. You can create some very realistic fields with it. Im going to check out impostors too - ive seen it a few times and wondered what it's about.
Stupid Rental. My Zbrush that I haven't paid for an update in years and is perpetual Trumps that on all counts.
Hi-Rez Studios is seeking an inspired Weapons Modeler to work at a studio in Alpharetta, Georgia, on an unannounced project.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your ingenuity, energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new online game projects.
What their Weapon & Hard Surface Modelers do:
- Create fully functional and visually appealing weapon/hardsurface models
- Work within defined technical constraints
- Closely follow art and design concepts to meet the established art style
- Contribute to the creative process through original ideas and inspiration
- Participate in critiquing your work and the work of other artists
- Excellent work ethic, self-motivation, and ability to take constructive feedback
Who they are looking for:
- Proficiency with industry software tools & pipelines (3dsmax, Zbrush, Photoshop, Maya, etc.)
- In depth knowledge of weapon/hardsurface modeling as related to game development
- Ability to re-create photo realistic weapons and other hard surface props, with a meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent sculpting skills in Zbrush
- Excellent Hard Surface modeling skills
- Strong understanding of workflows and techniques in regards to first person weapons
- Strong grasp of form, scale and proportion
- A keen eye for design in regards to weapons and hard surface elements
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate with multiple teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Even better candidates:
- Concept art and 2D skills2+ years using 3DSMax for modeling
- Strong organizational and file management skills
- Basic level animation skills for roughing out designs
- Other related programs such as Quixel Suite and Substance Designer