Trying to steal Vray's thunder.
I'm gonna wait for Steam version
Richard Rosenman has released Lattice, which is a particle based procedural lattice structure generator for Adobe Photoshop (or compatible host). It is a new tool for designers, illustrators and digital artists for the creation of generative design. It can add technical sophistication to your traditional commercial design.
Lattice’s core function is to interconnect particles with lines and points. Particles are initially generated in the form of a 3D cube, sphere or cylinder and are then manipulated by you through the use ofeffectors. When two particles are within a specified distance of each other, they are connected. This simplicity of ordered chaos is what makes generated content from Lattice so visually captivating.
Lattice provides a vast array of options to get your structure looking perfect. Line and point sizes can be locked with respects to one another, or fully independent. Line and point transparency can be affected by depth while line transparency can also be affected by length. Specify the minimum and maximum particle distance required for a connection as well as the maximum number of connections allowed.
Lattice’s effectors, the heart of the plugin, can produce all sorts of dynamic effects such as noise, turbulence, scales, translations, rotations, skews, tapers, twists, bends, waves and deletes. By combining multiple effectors together you can produce truly stunning structures of unlimited variations. Additionally, each effector has its own affective space fields so that you can modify only specific parts of the particle array. A falloff control allows you to softly feather the effect while other features such as field inversion and field axis allow endless fine-tuning of your effect.
Noise and turbulence effectors provide their own seed values so you can have an infinite number of generative effects. Delete allows you to remove particles from specific areas thus resulting in highly-customized structures.
Each particle can inherit it’s own unique color based on axis or position. Coloring can be dictated by a single color, a mix of two colors in any number of three dimensions, a distribution of color spectrum in any number of dimensions and even image colors derived from a source image thereby facilitating integration into existing images. Both line and point colors can be individually overridden for a custom color and line intensity can be derived from line length resulting in gorgeous shading.
New tool also allows you to create your own custom 3D model in your software of choice and then import it into Lattice. Then you are free to rotate, scale, and translate the model, and use effectors to manipulate it just as you would any built-in Lattice particle array.
Lattice is stated to be 100% multi-threaded capable of using an unlimited number of cores for ultimate speed.
It also supports both 8 bits / channel and 16 bits / channel color modes for professional workflows.
This software is compatible with the following OS:
- Windows 8 64 bit
- Windows 8 Pro 64 bit
- Windows 8 Enterprise 64 bit
- Windows 7 Home Basic 64 bit
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
- Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
- Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit
- Windows Vista Business 64 bit
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64 bit
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit
- Windows XP 64 bit
- Windows XP Professional 64 bit
This software is compatible with the following hosts:
- Any host capable of running Adobe Photoshop 64 bit compliant plugins
- Adobe Photoshop (Version CS5 or higher, including CC) 64 bit
- Adobe Photoshop Elements (Version 13 or higher, including CC) 64 bit
- Adobe Illustrator (Version CS6 or higher, including CC) 64 bit
- Computerinsel Photoline 64 (Version 16 or higher) 64 bit
- CorelDRAW (Version X6 or higher) 64 bit
- Corel Painter (Version 12.1 or higher) 64 bit
- Corel Paint Shop Pro (Version X6 or higher) 64 bit
- Corel Photo-Paint (Version X6 or higher) 64 bit
- Paint.NET (with the PSFilterPdn plugin) 64 bit
- Serif PhotoPlus (Version X6 or higher) 64 bit
You can download the demo or buy it for $99.99 here.