Check out a few courses and tutorials that will help you learn the water and clouds simulation using Houdini. The compilation also includes a bonus pack with VDB clouds from screenglow.
Houdini Waterfall Tutorial
Grab an advanced FLIP tutorial with over 2.5 hours of video content from VFX Grace.
The tutorial’s insights:
- Terrain Creation
- FLIP Settings
- FLIP Dynamics Correction
- Adding Details to FLIP & Summary
- Mesh Conversion
- Whitewater Source Settings
- Whitewater Simulation
- Materials, Lighting, and Rendering
Houdini Tutorial | Realistic Dynamic Clouds
Check out a detailed tutorial on creating procedural realistic clouds in Houdini.
The tutorial covers the whole process from start to finish, covering the workflow with references, an explanation of how clouds form, and how to simulate a cloud in Pyro as well as compositing approach.
Water FX in Houdini
Join the Rebelway course to update your water FX Houdini workflow.
- What you’ll learn during the course:
- Creation of a system to properly wedge simulation
- Creation of the rock splash simulation.
- Whale jump project overview and the production process
- Refining the flip fluid solver setting to find the best optimal options
- Meshing and blending the with ocean
- Lighting and shading rock splash and whale jump scene
- Ocean rendering
- Techniques for creating a realistic wave motion
- Wet map creation and more
Volume Rendering Using Mantra
Dive into the rendering process in Mantra with Rebelway.
What’s inside of the course:
- Volume data investigate and render preparation
- lighting, shading, and rendering a simple smoke element
- Creating and tweaking the custom shader
- Compositing our passes using Houdini Cops and how to utilize all the aovs
- Abstract volume rendering
- An in-depth look at creating realistic atmospheric and fog FX
- Setting up interactive lighting passes
- An in-depth overview of compositing the various shots using Houdini Cops and how to utilize the aovs.
VDB Clouds Volume 0 - Starter Pack
Check out a collection of realistic clouds from screen glow.
The collection includes 10 clouds in a VDB format. The clouds can be used in any software that supports the file format. The starter pack collection is also included in bigger packs.