Long life to Embark studio and its fabulous procedural artists dream team !
truly excellent and inspiring to read. Would have loved to read some on the texturing since that is top-notch.
great environment with a lovely serene sense. Thanks for the write-up!
Chris Perrella from Insomniac Games has recently released an outstanding little tool for Marmoset Toolbag 3. Its name basically tells it all ‘Material Blending Shaders‘. The download file contains shader extensions allowing for 3 layer material blending on your existing Toolbag 3 shaders! There will be two PBR shaders one for the Metallic / Rough workflow and one for Specular / Gloss. The pack costs just $10.
- 3 Layer Material Blending.
- 2 Channel Texture Based Mask for Layer Interpolation. (Allows For Use of 2nd UV Set)
- 2 Channel Vertex Color Based Mask for Layer Interpolation. (Can Be Combined with Texture Mask)
- Blend Threshold Softness and Depth Controls for Each Layer.
- Custom UV Tiling for Each Layer.
- Heightmap Inversion.
- Blend Visualizer View to Debug Masks.
You can get more details on this project over at Polycount.