To be honest? What was Star Wars? George Lucas!!! It was cool back then in the 70 ties! Nothing ever before was like it..and it had character! 2 little shiny robots that behaved like humans! The n th sequal of something that was major in the past...! My advice? Start something new dont copy Star Wars...and give it some heart again! Put the industry to shame!!!😉 my 2 cents..
Well that's a lot of hats !
So why not finish the project but making it super generic? Strip all star wars terms out. Then when the game is finished, allow for modders to make a conversion mod that will reinsert the star wars material? That way he can finish it and we all can get what we want and no one has to give up on their dreams.
Have a look at a powerful new PBR material editor called Material-Z. The toolkit is said to be based on Disney’s principled material system which allows users to create high-quality content for games and other 3D projects.
How does it work? Check out a two-part Brick Starter Tutorial to learn more about the tricks behind Material-Z.
It is worth noting that the tool can be accessed directly inside your Web browser at Material-Z.com (WebGL v2 required) or by downloading one of the native desktop versions.
- FULL FEATURED PBR WORKFLOW. Material-Z includes a full-featured implementation of Disney’s principled material system. Allowing powerful materials for both the gaming as well as the high-end rendering market.
- VISUALLY PROGRAM NODES. Visually program nodes using GLSL code modules called Sources allowing for unparalleled flexibility. Workflow is designed for both artists and developers. The possibilities are endless.
- TILEABLE PATTERNS AND SHAPES. Material-Z contains powerful and tileable patterns. Shapes can be injected into patterns which create unique and versatile materials
- FULL FEATURED PAINT MODULE. A full-featured paint module is integrated into Material-Z to help you design your materials. Paint color or depth maps and include them in your workflow like any other Source.
- SHARE WITH THE COMMUNITY. Sources, nodes, and materials created in Material-Z can be shared with the community. Learn from others and see how easy it is to expand the functionality of Material-Z with new content.
- FULL PATH TRACER INCLUDED. Material-Z includes a high-end path tracer which supports the full principled material system. Giving you high-end previews of all your materials/
How much does it cost? The yearly subscription fee for the tool is set at 19.90 Euros. You can learn more here.