The Meshroom team have revealed Meshroom 2019.1, the first major update to the open-source photogrammetry software.
- 3D Viewer: Load and compare multiple assets with cache mechanism and improved navigation
- Display camera intrinsic information extracted from metadata analysis
- Easier access to a more complete sensor database with a more reliable camera model matching algorithm.
- Attribute Editor: Hide advanced/experimental parameters by default to improve readability and simplify access to the most useful, high-level settings. Advanced users can still enable them to have full access to internal thresholds.
- Graph Editor: Improved set of contextual tools.
- Nodes: Homogenization of inputs/outputs parameters
- Meshing: Better, faster and configurable estimation of the space to reconstruct based on the sparse point cloud. Favors high-density areas and helps to remove badly defined ones.
- Draft Meshing (no CUDA required): the result of the sparse reconstruction can now be directly meshed to get a 3D model preview without computing the depth maps.
- MeshFiltering: Now keeps all reconstructed parts by default.
- StructureFromMotion: Add support for rig of cameras
- Support for reconstruction with projected light patterns and texturing with another set of images
You can get more details here.