Then stop scrolling. My Florida Green’s doctor can help get you registered and lead you towards your medicine. Enjoy this break from social media with a newly legalized joint. Contact My Florida Green today to ‘get legal’ with your medical marijuana card in Sarasota.
Thats really cool talk :)
Wow it's so refreshing to see projects inspired by serious cinema and even more literature, most 3D artist I know probably never heard of Tarkovsky and wouldn't go through an Art film that is "foreign", 2.5 hours and has really slow shots. It's a shame, there's so much inspiration out there waiting to be taken from all the brilliant XX century Masters of cinema... Keep up the good work, I really hope to see more stuff from you.
Today Pixar released RenderMan version 22.5, featuring a completely rewritten RenderMan for Houdini plugin along with important new features and performance gains.
- RenderMan for Houdini Rewrite
- Adaptive Sampling Fixes (up to 10% to 15% faster)
- Interactive displacement
- Interactive volume density
- Collaboration with Intel to accelerate OSL
RenderMan For Houdini
Pixar’s brand new RenderMan for Houdini plugin has been updated to support the latest interactive workflows in RenderMan 22. The plugin brings interactive modeling, shading, and lighting.
- Full support for geometry: curves, points, volumes, meshes, and packed primitives.
- Interactive placement and deformation of geometry
- Interactive editing of lights and cameras
- Interactive manipulation of light filters
- Support for Material Builder shader networks using RenderMan’s shading nodes
- Interactive Render Region support
- Support for rendering to Houdini’s native mplay framebuffer and renderview
- Texture Manager – Automatic texture conversion to Pixar’s texture format.
- Preset Browser – Collaborate with Maya and Katana by importing and exporting shaders, light rigs, and HDRI maps
- Available starting with RenderMan 22.5
- Plugin is available for download from Pixar on supported Mac, Linux, and Windows OS
- Compatible support for Houdini 17.5.173, 17.0.506, and 16.5.634
- *Houdini Indie support to be available with an upcoming future 17.5.229 release
“The new plugin is excellent. The integration is tight, it makes it easier than ever for our Houdini artists to work in Renderman! We’re all very excited to see the Houdini/RenderMan workflow get better and better,” said Chris Rydalch, Production Technology Technical Director, Blue Sky Studios
Universal Scene Description (USD) is Pixar’s open source file format & API for describing CG scenes & data in a ‘composed’ manner to facilitate concurrent workflows across multiple applications & artists. RenderMan and USD are the backbone of Pixar’s production pipeline and RenderMan Development is working closely with Pixar’s USD team to make USD a first-class citizen within RenderMan.
INTEL SIMD DEVELOPMENTS
- Senior developers at Intel, Pixar, and Sony Pictures Imageworks collaborated on this important project.
- This new OSL implementation shipping in RenderMan 22.5 includes parallel execution of the entire shading network on Intel’s SIMD hardware. It dynamically schedules concurrent operations on 8 or 16 data points in a single CPU instruction depending on available CPU capabilities.
- These vectorized OSL capabilities are available in RenderMan today, and the source code is available upon request while the collaborators work to contribute it to the open source OSL project.
- Pixar has seen up to 2x faster full renders and faster time to first pixel on production assets, with 15% average speedups measured on a variety of real scenes using the power of Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors with Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions (Intel® AVX-512 and AVX2).
“We are excited to launch RenderMan 22.5 with a new feature: SIMD hardware acceleration of OSL. With this new capability, we’ve seen up to 2x faster full renders, and 15% average speedups on a wide range of Pixar scenes using Intel Xeon Scalable processors with Intel Advanced Vector Extensions. Our joint development work with Intel and Sony Pictures Imageworks will be integrated into the open source OSL project to benefit all of its users, said” David Laur, RenderMan Business Director
You can get more details here.
Camping and Outdoor Props VOL. 1 by Dekogon is a bundle of high-quality assets and includes all the meshes, maps, materials, Blueprints, and effects created in the Unreal Engine. Each asset was created for realistic AAA quality visuals, style, and budget. Additionally includes RAW files (Obj, Fbx, and Textures) for use in other engines or software.