after reading this incredible article, im still left with the question..."but, HOW?!"
More of these please! I need some good beginner tutorial!
ahahahah Luke hahaha comment of the day !
Check out this mind-blowing shader from Shadertoy which is a tribute to “Journey” by That Game Company. H-Man has shared a nice code that recreates sand from the popular game.
First of all, here are some things the author has to say:
- No, I do not have any affiliation with That Game Company.
- Yes, Journey is one of the best games ever made
- It has taken me around 3-4 months from start to finish, evenings and weekends
- Most of the time was spent getting the details right
- Yes, the character needs more work. One day I will finish it
- Yes, if anybody comes up with something cool to add, I would love to improve 🙂
- There is nothing mathemagically amazing in this shader. I hope you do find it pretty though!
- Yes, the code is fairly ugly. But look at the colors – PRETTY!
If you have any other questions, I will be happy to answer
The artist started writing the code as a learning playground, but around January, but decided to finish and share with us. The shader might be imperfect, but you have to admit it’s damn pretty.