Check out a major release from the Unity team.
Unity has shared its first tech release this year and revealed a new software version with a bunch of improvements to the platform. Check out some details of the update.
- Package manager with fresh design and UI, including new icons and labels.
- Improved toolsets for personal and team workflows. Now, you can visualize the scene context or parent prefab in the editor. Adding SketchUp’s objects is easier now with the ability to fix axis issues straight away. Tracking your progress is easier and more sufficient now with the new Progress API and Background Tasks.
- For programmer tools, the team has rapidly improved the C# workflow and eased up the switch between Debug and Release modes. With the Flow Event tool, it’s also easier now not to skip code in a multithreaded code that needs to be completed.
- 2D animations performance is enhanced now by Burst Compiler and Collection packages that you can install via Package manager. A suite of tools Cinemachine is also verified now.
- In terms of graphics, the release includes improved and simplified lightmapping and has Lightmapped cookie support.
Check the release announcement to find out more details about the new version.