No one will discuss the new destruction system below.
Besides, if you'd be involved in project budgeting you would be aware that the costs are growing and using cheap alternatives is inevitable. This is the business. first of all.
If you hate people that can make your life easier and see the threat in everything related to AI then you can hardly call yourself an artist. Rather than a kid who likes to be in a comfort zone.
With ARKTIKA.1 announced and 4A Games’ second project in the works the company announced they are on the lookout for some new talent. Members of 4A Games are looking for 3D Animator, Associate Producer, Graphics Programmer, Level Artist, Shader Artist, Tech Animator, UI Artist and VFX Artist.
- Experience working on 3D projects with realistic setting
- Knowledge of 3DsMax
- Exceptional skill in animating the human bipedal figure as well as other organic forms
- Able to provide hand-crafted animation
- High quality rig setups and skinning
- Able to work with mocap data
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- Experience with 1st person shooters
- Experience of animating organics and mechanics in a HUD
- Examples of complex mechanic setups (vehicle suspension with working elements, for example)
- A passion for games
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Thorough knowledge and proficient application of 3D math, rendering algorithms, and data structures
- Performance minded development and optimization skills
- Self-drive to learn new rendering techniques and implement them
- Mathematical Analysis skills
- Conceptual fluency with physically based rendering techniques
- Strong communication and proficiency working with technical artists to develop and iterate on features/tools
- Knowledge of a broad range of graphics APIs and shader languages including DirectX and OpenGL/GLSL
- Understanding of realtime skinning, IK, physics limitations and possibilities.
- Understanding of real-world kinematics and ability to replicate physical movement using a mix of simulation tools and baked skeletal animations.
- Ability to come up and utilize skinning tricks (folded shoulders, 2-bone ropes).
- Familiarity with mocap and hand created animations.
- Experience with human, exotic, and mechanical characters/objects.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in rigging, animation, skinning, weighting and physics.
- At least one shipped title on consoles.
- Proven experience in applying modern interactive character animation techniques such as blend-trees, HFSMs, IK, and partial-body animation.
- Excellent communicator with strong verbal and written English skills (Russian/Ukrainian is a plus).
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills.
- Self-direction and motivation.
- Desire to help drive the improvement of the game engine year-over-year.
- Experience working with procedural/physically-altered animation techniques.
- Experience with cinematics and facial animation
- Be a ‘pro’ in level creation in modern game engines, like Unreal Engine, Cry Engine etc.
- Good understanding of light, composition, color-coding.
- Experience with any 3D modeling package and Photoshop.
- Fluent English (or Russian).
- Art Education
- Understanding of modern real time rendering tech.
- Ability to use any additional software (ZBrush, XNormal, B2M, World Machine, etc) for the task.
- Visual FX experience (particles, postprocess, flares etc.)
- Hardcore FPS gamer
You can look at the other offers here.