Ubisoft Toronto, Flying Wild Hog, Savvy Games Studios, KitBash3D, and Numinos are looking for talented specialists.
Game Designer at Savvy Games Studios
Savvy Games Studios (SGS) mission is to create world-leading game studios in Saudi Arabia, creating high-quality games for international audiences. Also to help Saudi’s passionate gaming sector to develop homegrown IP and, more broadly, make KSA a global hub for gaming.
As part of the SGS team, you will work alongside the best global gaming talents who have relocated to Riyadh to be part of the ambitious group, and innovative, passionate, and hardworking Saudis.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Expertise in Mobile and F2P with multiple titles shipped.
- 6+ years of experience as a game designer.
- Understanding of the industry, market, and target audiences.
- Strong understanding of KPIs and ability to drive game design around KPIs.
- Experience in prototyping and shipping games with Unity or Unreal gaming engines and well-versed with the constraints.
- Extensive knowledge of Game Design principles and the gaming landscape.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write clear documentation, making complex ideas clear, concise, and compelling. Ability to give positive and constructive feedback. (Briefings, reviews, discussions, problem-solving, etc.)
- Attention to detail from both technical and artistic perspectives.
- Command on excel or any scripting language to maintain game design configurations.
- Strong proactive problem-solving and intuitive development skills.
- A leader who encourages team collaboration.
- Passionate gamer with an eye for details.
- Fast and willing learner.
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in game design or equivalent is preferred.
Learn more in our articles Savvy Gaming Group Acquires $1bn Stake in Embracer and Saudi Arabia Is Investing $37.8bn in the Gaming Industry.
Unreal Technical Artist at KitBash3D
At KitBash3D, our mission is to enable and inspire creators of the virtual frontier. We work on the cutting edge of technology and digital media, creating premium 3D assets and software for movies and video games. Since our launch in 2017, our tools and services have been used on hundreds of movie and game projects for the largest studios as well as independent artists and developers. We are a team of creators and collaborators on a journey to build the future, better, together!
What You Bring to the Team:
- 3-5 years of professional experience working as an artist in visual effects, video games, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience creating high-quality videos/levels using Unreal Engine
- In-depth knowledge of Unreal Engine 5, including UE Materials, Lighting, VFX, Rendering, Post Processing, Blueprints, Animation Tools, and Camera Tools
- Portfolio of work demonstrating proficiency in using Unreal Engine and a great eye for lighting and shot composition
- Ability to deliver clean, organized work within our technical specifications
- An exceptional understanding of timing, compositing, animation, and story
- Conversationally fluent in English with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively
- Ability to collaborate and work well on a team
- Highly accountable - we believe that taking ownership is the key to succeeding as a team and we hope you do too!
- Appetite for start-up culture, you are a quick learner and self-starter
- Passionate about personal development and growth, you get excited about new challenges and solving problems
Unreal Engine Generalist at Numinos
Numinos is a Silicon Valley startup with operations in Europe.
At Numinos we’re building location-based VR experiences. In them, we recreate, with hyper-realistic fidelity, historical events and places, such as famous battles or critical times of a city’s history.
These experiences are delivered to customers as walking guided tours, in which they walk around the cities’ most relevant spots, and in them, put on the headset to travel back in time: in the same place, 700 years ago.
We are building an experience such that it has a narrative coherence in its voyage in time, but that is able to encompass other key uncorrelated events in time, in such a way that enhances the immersiveness and overall magical experience of the customer.
- +3 years of previous experience (junior profiles are also allowed!) or similar knowledge
- Proficiency using UE tools such as landscapes, lightning, postprocessing, etc.
- Experience with materials and shader creation
- Environment art expertise
- Good notion of composition rules, proportions and a good eye for detail
- Creative, with high standards to achieve the most realism as possible
- Experience in profiling tasking and optimization
- Experience in packaging and builds generation
- Knowledge of the technical constraints linked to real time, 3D engines and level editors
- Knowledge of Blueprints
- Knowledge of programming languages is a plus
- Knowledge about tools or plugin creation is a plus
- Knowledge of texturing software (Substance Designer/Painter) is a plus
- Experience with simulation software (liquids, destruction…) as Houdini is a plus
- Knowledge of other engines is considered a plus
- Knowledge about VR is considered a plus
- Good knowledge of English (Spanish highly appreciated!)
Level Designer [REMOTE] at Flying Wild Hog
We are a team of top-tier and dedicated developers, designers, programmers, and artists who make our studio a creative and devoted workplace. We only work on games we believe in – sharing our excitement and fully committing to the project is our recipe for extraordinary results.
- A passion for making and playing games
- Good knowledge in using level editors and scripting tools (UE4 Blueprints)
- Knowledge of gameplay event scripting and entity setup
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage their time and work within deadlines
- Ability to write clear and concise documentation
- Proficiency in English
- 5 years of experience in level design and/or at least 2 shipped titles
Team Lead Artist - Environment Art [Splinter Cell] at Ubisoft Toronto
As a Team Lead Artist – Environment Art at UbiTO, you’ll work together with the Production Manager in overseeing and guiding the Modeling Team. The Modeling Team is responsible for the creation of all Environment Art assets used in the game from buildings to props.
You will provide supporting direction for work quality, establish processes and best practices, help set and stick to deadlines, follow up on and validating the team’s work, all while coaching team members and supporting their professional development and aspirations.
- Around 5 years' of industry experience in Level Art, Environment Art, Prop Art (or relevant experience);
- Experience shipping a AAA title in a lead function;
- Advanced knowledge of 3D software such as 3ds Max, Maya, Blender, Zbrush, and Substance Painter
- Solid knowledge of game engines
- Ability to assemble, guide, and work within teams;
- Effective organizational skills like time management, planning, communication;
- A solid understand of art fundamentals (lighting, composition, proportion, colour theory, etc), physically based rendering (PBR), and game constraints.
Check out more openings on the 80 Level Job Board. Also, don't forget to join our new Reddit page, our new Telegram channel, follow us on Instagram and Twitter, where we are sharing breakdowns, the latest news, awesome artworks, and more.
You may find these articles interesting