Have a look at a book by Tomas Akenine-Möller & Eric Haines which is a must-have thing for anyone interested in real-time rendering. The announcement of new ray tracing APIs and hardware to support them led to huge changes in the industry, but what’s the deal here?
Ray Tracing Gems will provide you with key building blocks for developers of games, architectural applications, visualizations, and more. It features experts in rendering discussing their knowledge by explaining everything from nitty-gritty techniques that will improve any ray tracer to mastery of the new capabilities of current and future hardware.
Here are some of the topics:
- The latest ray tracing techniques for developing real-time applications in multiple domains
- Guidance, advice, and best practices for rendering applications with Microsoft DirectX Raytracing (DXR)
- How to implement high-performance graphics for interactive visualizations, games, simulations, and more
The author states that this book will be useful for:
- Developers who are looking to leverage the latest APIs and GPU technology for real-time rendering and ray tracing
- Students looking to learn about best practices in these areas
- Enthusiasts who want to understand and experiment with their new GPUs
The book was written by Eric Haines and Tomas Akenine-Möller, a Distinguished Research Scientist at NVIDIA, Sweden, since 2016, and now a professor in computer graphics at Lund University. You can learn more and get the book here.