Thank you for sharing your work process!!
I really like how you've articulated your entire process. This was a very enriching read. A Well deserved feature!
Great article! Thanks for the awesome read.
Joe Garth revealed a new update for his Brushify – Shaders Pack. The pack can serve as a basis for an open-world landscape material in UE4. It allows to paint down multiple auto material biomes to create massive maps in real-time.
“I wanted to provide a more fleshed out example level to showcase the Brushify multi-biome landscape auto material and the other shaders,” states the artist. “A proper skydome and HDRI lighting setup help to newcomers to Unreal in the right direction and show how a few simple settings can give nice results. I also managed to fix a few niggling issues here and there and work in a lot of small visual improvements.”
The shaders pack features a Landscape Auto Material that lets users paint multiple biomes, shaders that add dynamic effects to objects, with everything textured automatically in real-time.
- Multi-Biome landscape shader demonstration level
- Snow shader demonstration level
- Blend together Multiple Biomes without limitations.
- Clean and modular setup using Functions. Easily expand and add your own materials.
- All materials automatically texture the terrain with real-world texture detail.
- Slope (for cliffs)
- Cover (create Snow, Moss, Wind Erosion)
- 3 levels of texture detail (Global, Macro and Close) landscape is detailed at any range.
- Contains Near mesh shader with Cover functionality (Easily add Snow, Moss, Wind erosion to any of your 3d meshes).
You can learn more about the pack and get it for $9.99 here.
Landscape Auto Material by VEA Games is a flexible auto-painting material for Unreal Engine 4 Landscape component. When you are drawing the topology of your landscape, proper material layers are drawn automatically!
All future updates are included and will be available for download as soon as they are released.