Have a look at 5 courses on character art that will help you level up your sculpting workflow, approach to creature design and concept art, or learn how to create fantasy portraits.
Creature Design 01 + Hair Class
Check out a cool creature production class from Raf Grassetti. The class is divided into 4 parts and includes answers for over 60 questions:
Video 1 - Reference and Blocking out the character
- Video 2 - Cleaning up and detailing
- Video 3 - Detail and Hair
- Video 4 - Render and composing
3D Character Game Art
Join a detailed course on the 3D character game art production at Imagine School.
Your takeaways after you complete the course:
- 3D game character pipeline and production understating
- Deep knowledge of facial anatomy
- Ability to create realistic textures for characters to be used in a game engine
- Technical potential in creating and working with hair cards, UV's and retopology tools
- New work in your portfolio with a full review and further critiques for improvement
Character Sculpting in ZBrush
Have a look at the course for mastering the character sculpting process in ZBrush.
What you’ll learn:
- Be more comfortable designing on the fly in Zbrush
- Have created your own character
- Learn the intricacies of designing hair and base work
Fantasy Character Portraits
Join the Vertex School course to upgrade your skills in fantasy character portrait creation.
The course covers the full production from start to finish:
- collecting references
- modeling character’s portraits
- retopology and UV
- texturing and presentation
- working on the anatomical structure of the face
Creating Fantasy Characters — From Ideation to Final Artwork
Even Amundsen will guide you through his approach to character development from start to finish. During the master class, you’ll focus on each production step, including working on the idea, selecting references, structuring the work process, and adding stylizations.