Alexey Vanzhula has recently released an update to Direct Modelling HDA, his modeling add-on for Houdini.
Alexey Vanzhula has recently released an update to Direct Modelling HDA, his modeling add-on for Houdini. The plugin features 4 parts with one of then being a SoftBoolean toolset which is basically the next level of Flux to create procedural models using boolean operations.
Video overview from Werner Ziemerink:
Here is what’s new in v1.5:
- SoftBoolean 1.1 — UI improvements and small optimizations, groups preservation, new soft-boolean tools
- Geometry Library 1.5 — add elements by the construction plane, filter items with a mask, UI revamped
- Menu — fully redesigned menu subsystem. User can now create custom menus with submenus by using a simple Python syntax
- Menus are now fully customizable and work much better with HiDPI displays
- Shelf fully redesigned
- All tools and HDAs have icons
- Lots of new modeling HDAs
- All Python code is now open
- Modeler – a brand new mode for the classic polygonal modeling
Direct Modeling Tools would cost you $100 for a perpetual license. You can get the pack on Gumroad.