Hi Elliott, This is a great breakdown and very generous in sharing your process and insights, you came a long way from the vending machine days!
Are you planning on releasing the UE4 project to the public? Or only builds? I'd love to play around with it in the editor if possible!
GMH2 (Geo Maya Hair 2) is an advanced version of GMH script, specialized in hair modeling and stylizing, developed by Phung Dinh Dzung at Thunder Cloud Studio. The tool allows users to easily model complex hair styles using traditional polygon modeling method and convert to Maya Hair using GMH2 with 2 simple steps.
The latest version features the option to generate polygon hair strips to use for next-gen game, bake hair to textures on polygon planes, a material manager for applying multiple shaders to hair geometry, and the option to export hair in OBJ or FBX format as curves or poly meshes.
- Compatible with (32 & 64 bit version): Maya 2015 and on-ward (not including LT version)
- Script format: Mel.
- Primary platform: Window.
- note: For Linux and Mac OS, There will be a slightly change in the UI of GMH2 as Maya’sMel for Mac/Linux doesnt support button with Images.
- Converting and baking next-gen polygon hair are now available
- Next-gen polygon hair generation
- Baking hair to polygon plane’s textures (diffuse, normal and alpha maps)
- Material & UV manager: apply different shaders / texture regions to multi polygon hair polygon surfaces.
- Export manager: Export Hair as curves or polygon in Obj or FBX format.