Hi Elliott, This is a great breakdown and very generous in sharing your process and insights, you came a long way from the vending machine days!
Are you planning on releasing the UE4 project to the public? Or only builds? I'd love to play around with it in the editor if possible!
Downpour Interactive is seeking two Environment Artists to join the team behind Onward. You will be working on scenes for a Mil-Sim paced tactical multiplayer shooter, being developed for virtual reality head mounted displays. The game is about using coordination, communication, and marksmanship skill to complete objectives in online infantry combat.
- Model in-game environments based on concepts, 3D mock-ups and art direction specifications.
- Model and texture key level landmarks and props in both low and high-poly.
- Coordinate closely with other team members in the level implementation process.
- Help define material and light properties for environment shaders.
- Optimizing for VR (90 FPS target).
- Advanced knowledge of Unity 3D.
- Proficient user of 3dsmax or Maya / Blender and ZBrush.
- Skilled in video game environment model and texture production.
- +1 years of experience in video game production with a track record of shipped projects.
- Knowledge of VR (HTC Vive / Oculus Rift).
- Skilled in high poly modelling tools such as Zbrush.
- Skilled in the creation of PBR assets and the PBR Lighting workflow in general.
- Skilled in procedural material creation tools such as Substance Designer.