I have being working in the AAA industry for tha last 3 years and the crunch is what is forcing me to find something else to do in life even if I love 3d. Some places may be more respectful with their employees but in my experience the crunch is even calculated in advance cause they know the workers will accept that. Some people is very passionate and don´t mind to do it and that is fine but a lot of people have families and they want to build a healthy environment with them or other goals outside the working ours. Not to mention non-payed overtime and other abuses I faced. Hope this industry fixs this problem.
Those tilesets are sexy. Seeing new tilesets is like getting introduced to a new lego set.
Downpour Interactive is seeking two Environment Artists to join the team behind Onward. You will be working on scenes for a Mil-Sim paced tactical multiplayer shooter, being developed for virtual reality head mounted displays. The game is about using coordination, communication, and marksmanship skill to complete objectives in online infantry combat.
- Model in-game environments based on concepts, 3D mock-ups and art direction specifications.
- Model and texture key level landmarks and props in both low and high-poly.
- Coordinate closely with other team members in the level implementation process.
- Help define material and light properties for environment shaders.
- Optimizing for VR (90 FPS target).
- Advanced knowledge of Unity 3D.
- Proficient user of 3dsmax or Maya / Blender and ZBrush.
- Skilled in video game environment model and texture production.
- +1 years of experience in video game production with a track record of shipped projects.
- Knowledge of VR (HTC Vive / Oculus Rift).
- Skilled in high poly modelling tools such as Zbrush.
- Skilled in the creation of PBR assets and the PBR Lighting workflow in general.
- Skilled in procedural material creation tools such as Substance Designer.