Kostadin Kotev has released Miauu’s Scalpel, a new script for 3DS Max that will let you interactively cut geometry by drawing lines.
The tool forces cut to originate from a vertex or an edge with several snapping options (nearest vertex, center edge, percentage of edge length, and more).
- Snap the cut point to the nearest vertex (Auto and Manual modes).
- Snap the cut point to the center (midpoint) of the nearest edge( Auto and Manual modes).
- Snap the cut point along edge’s length to set a precise cut location. The smallest percentage is 0.5%.
- Use the default QuickSlice with snapping to predefined angles.
- Use a small heads up display of data related to the current cut point as a position along the edge as a percentage, the two distance values indicating the distance to either point in the cut edge, and the total length of the edge.
- See the options for the tool in the Prompt line.
- Change the values of the Snap Step and the Snap Angle while you cut.
You can learn more and get the tool for here.