A modular free terrain shading system focused on performance and ease of use.
Have a look at MicroSplat for Unity, a modular free terrain shading system focused on performance and ease of use. MicroSplat is described as a replacement shader system for Unity Terrains.
“Simply add the MicroSplatTerrain component to your terrains and with a single button press, your terrain shading is significantly improved.”
MicroSplat’s Core shader package features:
- Up to 32 textures on one terrain in a single pass
- Significantly faster than any other shader on the asset store
- PBR rendering, with automatic generation of normal, height map, smoothness, and ambient occlusion data when textures are not provided
- Support for 2018.3 Terrain Instancing
- Height based blending
- Multiple lighting modes
- Terrain or World Space UVs
- Substance Support w/ substance plugin
- Support for Emissive and Metallic surfaces
- Utilities to import/export splat maps from external programs – Vegetation Studio integration which adds support for grass map rendering.
- Vegetation Studio integration which adds support for distance shadow rendering, rendering dynamic shadows over the entire terrain.
Per Texture controls are available for:
- UV Scale and Offset
- Albedo Tint, Contrast, and Brightness
- Metallic value
- Smoothness Strength
- Normal Strength
- AO Strength
You can learn more and get the pack here.