Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
Ornatrix 2.0 for Maya Available
12 June, 2018
Ephere has revealed a new version of Ornatrix 2.0 for Maya, their tool for hair, fur and feather creation. The new update brings Moov Hair physics to provide a new way to simulate any type of hair, complex or simple, and more.
- Moov Hair physics to provide a new way to simulate any type of hair, complex or simple.
- Harmonic Oscillator operator to provide a quick and easy real-time way of simulating basic fur and hair dynamics.
- Normalize operator to fix intersecting hairs.
- Clumping operator with features like per-clump management and clump patterns.
- Braids Shape to allow creating procedural braid patterns on your characters with ease.
- Push Away From Surface operator for accurate surface penetration fixing.
- Resolve Collisions operator to robustly keep hair away from an object, with animation controls.
- Change Width operator with a better way of controlling hair width.
- Importing Alembic hair from external assets with all information intact.
- Adopt External Guides operator to use a separate guides object for controlling pre-modeled hair.
- Weaver and Weaver Pattern for generating woven hairs such as in rattan furniture, wire fences, or cloth.
- Scatter operator to create feathers and foliage.
- Ornatrix V-Ray Primitive for smoothly rendering hair with low segment counts.
- Many more improvements to existing features including the addition of SeExpr, render attributes, and others.
Ornatrix would cost you $499 with a free demo also available. You can learn more here.