This is amazing! Please tell us, What programs where used to create these amazing animations?
I am continuing development on WorldKit as a solo endeavor now. Progress is a bit slower as I've had to take a more moderate approach to development hours. I took a short break following the failure of the commercial launch, and now I have started up again, but I've gone from 90 hour work weeks to around 40 or 50 hour work weeks. See my longer reply on the future of WorldKit here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAYgW5JfCQw&lc=UgxtXVCCULAyzrzAwvp4AaABAg.8swLeUjv7Fb8swt1875FAT I am hard at work with research and code, and am not quite ready to start the next fund-raising campaign to open-source, so I've been quiet for a while. I hope to have a video out on the new features in the next few weeks.
Someone please create open source world creator already in C/C++.
Santi Lopez presented a custom user-friendly tool based on blueprints he made to generate complex spline meshes with a few clicks.
Spline blueprint is said to be fully configurable through the details panel:
- 2 mesh setups on each side (plug, socket, connector, etc.)
- 1 extra middle mesh (middle knots, connections, details, etc.)
- smooth Loop mode
- collision switch for performance
- Debug mode
- Static meshes, Main spline and per spline point controls (torsion, scale, swap spline mesh segment, rotation,)
- Simple and complex base materials with user-friendly parameters (including texture maps, tessellation)
- automatic material stretching using spline length
You can find more details on the project here.