Well, small/medium intuos pro is way cheaper that iPad Pro + pencil... just saying... And it works better with ZBrush...
It might ultimately be proof of concept now, but the point of showing a low-count bounce raytracing that still looks decent especially after denoising gives us a nice roadmap on the future. Maybe given time, we will move to this as the new standard or at least a probable alternate to baked lighting.
Fuck you I'm stuck in some bullshit game some dickhead thought would be exciting.
Santi Lopez presented a custom user-friendly tool based on blueprints he made to generate complex spline meshes with a few clicks.
Spline blueprint is said to be fully configurable through the details panel:
- 2 mesh setups on each side (plug, socket, connector, etc.)
- 1 extra middle mesh (middle knots, connections, details, etc.)
- smooth Loop mode
- collision switch for performance
- Debug mode
- Static meshes, Main spline and per spline point controls (torsion, scale, swap spline mesh segment, rotation,)
- Simple and complex base materials with user-friendly parameters (including texture maps, tessellation)
- automatic material stretching using spline length
You can find more details on the project here.