Santi Lopez presented his new custom user-friendly tool.
Santi Lopez presented a custom user-friendly tool based on blueprints he made to generate complex spline meshes with a few clicks.
Spline blueprint is said to be fully configurable through the details panel:
- 2 mesh setups on each side (plug, socket, connector, etc.)
- 1 extra middle mesh (middle knots, connections, details, etc.)
- smooth Loop mode
- collision switch for performance
- Debug mode
- Static meshes, Main spline and per spline point controls (torsion, scale, swap spline mesh segment, rotation,)
- Simple and complex base materials with user-friendly parameters (including texture maps, tessellation)
- automatic material stretching using spline length
You can find more details on the project here.