AI applications are only beginning to materialize. It's so exciting what neural networks will do to art workflows in the coming years.
W T F!!! Why, really don't understand, EA = just a fucking looser company!
Amazing... Congratulations for the new way to show information.. I hope they could use this to teaching.
You can now get Dungeon Architect, a procedural level generation tool for Unity, at a nice price. The tool allows users to quickly author dungeons both at runtime and design-time with powerful editor tooling.
- Procedural Levels: Generate vast procedural levels with a single click
- Runtime Dungeons: Generate dynamic dungeons at runtime
- Theming: Use an intuitive graph based theming approach to interactively design the look and feel of your dungeons
- NavMesh: Generates dynamic navigation mesh. Also comes with a navigation agent implementation for moving AI bots along the nav mesh
- Paint Tool: Paint your own dungeon layout within the editor for more artistic control, and have the environment automatically build around it
- Volumes: Use various types of volumes to influence the dungeon layout
- Terrain Modifier: Procedurally modifies and paints the terrain along the dungeon layout
- 2D Support: Use the same workflow to create 2D levels. The theming engine supports sprites for your 2D games
- Scriptable: Add your own logic on any of the theme graph node to control the way the props are populated in the scene.
- Source Code: Full Source Code access and documentation
- Extensible: Designed to be modular and extensible (e.g. the dungeon generation algorithm can be easily swapped with another algorithm and work seamlessly with the rest of the pipeline)
- Sample Content: Free modular assets are included to help you quickly get started. A sample game helps demo the various features of Dungeon Architect (Runtime procedural dungeons, Dynamic Navigation Mesh, AI Agents using the nav mesh etc)
- Procedural Levels – Fast runtime dungeons!
- Shooter Game – Demos dynamic levels, dynamic navigation mesh, dynamic bot placement, AI bots using this nav mesh etc.
- Tech Demo (3D) – A game built using Dungeon Architect (not included with samples)
- Tech Demo (2D) – A 2D game built using Dungeon Architect (included in samples)