That is really a great thing for us all. http://fewhacks.com/
I just based my landscape material on this. I just wish I could exactly figure out what is going on with normals, ao and displacement here.
That was extremely helpful! Thank you!
We’ve recently published an interview with Kimmo Kaunela about his Scandinavian style medieval village with beautiful terrain and nature. The scene is a true UE4 masterpiece, so you don’t want to miss the breakdown. The artist decided to share his project with fully dynamic day and night cycle (level blueprint), huge set of nature assets (trees, grass, rocks) that are using UE4 procedural scattering system and different sets of props and buildings on Gumroad.
- Over 70+ model assets
- Fully dynamic lighting with day / night cycle blueprint supporting volumetric lighting
- Spline assets for fences and stone walls
- Master materials for foliage, building, prop, terrain.
- Material functions to keep material editing faster
- 4 layer terrain material with adaptive tessellation option, distance based blending and triplanar mapping
- Different tileable PBR textures
- Assets built with AAA quality
- LODs for models
- Buildings have rigged doors and interiors
- Billboard LODs for trees
- Built in colliders for assets
- Included example scene with small village and surrounding terrain
- 1,3km x 1,3km terrain
Scaled to Epic skeleton: Yes
Physically-Based Rendering: Yes
Texture Size: Varied (up to 2048)
Collision: Yes, Buildings hand modeled, rest auto generated
LODs: Auto generated and Trees are using SpeedTree LODs (3 LODS)
Number of Meshes: Meshes: 75
Number of Materials and Material Instances: 35
Number of Textures: 156
Engine Compatibility: 4.17